Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Just blogging

You may have noticed that I've had a quiet start to the year when it comes to blogging. Last year, at about this time, I began to think about what it might be like to seek to post something everyday or at least the equivalent of everyday. 

It was quite a challenge, but it make me think about what bits of my life and thinking I wanted to share with the wider world. The truth is, you have to be careful. You have to edit your thoughts, you have to think about what you are saying and why. There's much I could have written but chose not to make public in this way. After all people do actually read it, as you know!

Over lunch one day towards the end of last year, I overheard someone talking about their blog. It seemed that they were saying that they "say what they see" when they blog. To me that sounds like an excuse to use a blog to vent every thought and feeling you have. Not wise.

Whether I will actively pursue blogging every day I don't know. I rather like having a diverse blog that isn't too narrowly focused on theology, or church, or woodworking for that matter. There's a place for all of these of course, but I see my blog as something of a journal of my life, which is hopefully far from narrow. 

Mind you, if I'm going to get to one-a-day, I'm going to have get moving soon, given that this is only my sixth post of the year and it's already the 13th January. 

Stand by for some busy days!

No comments: