Wednesday, November 26, 2008

One Prayer

I'd be interested to here what others think of this idea and if you were involved last year. I've often wondered if it would ever be possible to unite the churches in my local town around a common theme in this way, although I'd never considered it in quite the way One Prayer does it. In Newark, where I began my full-time ministry, there used to be an annual pulpit exchange, but this is a much bigger concept than that.

The basic idea is to bring together churches across the world for a month of focused teaching, prayer and service. The first week you preach on your 'one prayer' theme and then the next three weeks you use video teaching from other churches.

And it's not just about preaching. There's an offering for projects across the world amongst other things.

Craig Groeschel (Lifechurch.tv) introduces 'One Prayer by asking, "If you could pray one prayer for the church that God would answer, what would it be?"

What an interesting question! My one prayer would probably be around becoming passionate about the missing, although there are many other 'one prayers' that I find myself praying. 

You can visit the One Prayer website here and read more about it.

No comments: