Saturday, November 22, 2008

Myers-Briggs for Blogs

One of my regular blog feeds pointed me to a site called Typealyzer. It provides a Myers-Briggs style analysis of your blog.

Here's what it said about me:

ISTP - The Mechanics

The independent and problem-solving type. They are especially attuned to the demands of the moment are masters of responding to challenges that arise spontaneously. They generally prefer to think things out for themselves and often avoid inter-personal conflicts.

The Mechanics enjoy working together with other independent and highly skilled people and often like seek fun and action both in their work and personal life. They enjoy adventure and risk such as in driving race cars or working as policemen and firefighters.

And apparently this is a picture of what bits of my brain are engaged when I write.


Hmmm. Very interesting.

You can check your type by visiting Typealyzer.

Thanks to Ian's Messy Desk for sharing this site.

3 comments:

The Suitcase Kid said...

This is very interesting - your blog appears to be a more balanced one than mine which is almost completely in the 'feeler' section!

Richard said...

I've been telling you for years that I'm the only sane, normal one in the family!

Breanne said...

Hi there! I came across this post through my Google Alerts for the word "MBTI." This may or may not be of interest to you, but I write a blog about the MBTI and wrote a post about how Typealyzer is basically junk. I know lots of people are checking it out for entertainment sake- and that's totally cool...but I hope you don't confuse those "blog type" results for your own personality type. Anyway, I won't go into why the site is junk here, I just wanted to let you know if you wanted to learn more, here's the original post: http://www.thembtiblog.com/2008/11/websites-that-ruin-my-day.html.

I also have a discussion in the comments section with the creator of the Typealyzer site.