Tuesday, January 29, 2008

God, are you listening?

I'm taking my time reading through Solomon's prayer in 2Chron.6. What struck me today was the repeating pattern of "if" something happens, "and" someone or the people pray, then "hear" from heaven. It's almost as if Solomon tries to work through every possible scenario where the people wander far from God and then choose to come back. Solomon's question seems to be: "Will you still be listening God when we return?"
And the simple truth is that he is. 
God's faithfulness is tested again and again, but he remains faithful. His response to Solomon is well known: "If my people, who are called by name, will humble themselves and pray... I will hear from heaven.."
Isn't it good to know that God is still listening, even in those times when we are no longer sure it's true.

No comments: