Friday, August 16, 2019

Finishing off the aggregates works

So  the rusty metal panels arrived and have been fitted along with a roof to complete the building that has become an aggregates depot.

I did say that we were adding things that connected with out life and this has been named after our two grandsons Tobias and Ben.

I might add a second sign above the double doors, but apart from that it's finished.

I need to develop the area around it now-paint the base and texture it, add a few bits and pieces like some ladders and maybe some scrap.

We shall have to wait and see.

The next building project is to make use of the support structure left over from the 3D church print. It seems a waste to throw it away, so it's going to be turned into a small factory unit of some kind.

I'll use more of the corrugated panel for the roof and add some skylights. I'll print a chimney top and some doors to give it some depth.

In between finishing off the works I made a start on the platform for the station. I've ordered a station kit, but it will need a bit of adapting. Either that or a complete rethink if the station position which in turn might make some changes needed to the layout.

We've also had two trains running at a time which is quite exciting. I'm yet to really get to grips with how to wire the whole thing, but I've got a couple of controllers and each is connected to a loop of the track so we cans ee them running.

Here's a short video of it all running. It's oddly satisfying to see these two small trains going round and round in opposite directions!


No comments: