Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Praying about what you see

I do find it rather interesting how going for a walk can help me pray for my community. You see people and places and things going on that, if you are looking, can be helpful.

Today's walk took me through some open fields, past the cemetery, schools and local shops. I went past some remote houses too. Each of these helped me pray. As I passed the cemetery I prayed for those who are grieving and for those who would have their day interrupted by loss. The remote homes made me stop and wonder if anyone ever visited them to share God's amazing story or where their lives as isolated as their homes.

Could I have done this sitting at home? Probably. But I'm not sure I would have thought about the same things without the visual prompts.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: