Friday, July 07, 2006

July 7th remembered

I can't begin to imagine what it must have felt like in those moments directly before and after the detonation of the bombs on buses and trains a year ago. I can't imagine what it feels like now a year later for those injured or bereaved or both. I don't want to insult or upset them. I want to remember.

I want to remember that violence is not the answer.

I want to remember that there is a better way, that the world can be different if we will only follow the One who truly makes a difference.

War is not the answer.

I believe it is time that someone took the brave step and declared peace rather than war in the world.

The battle of the Somme, the London bombs, the devastation in Iraq and Afghanistan, the weapons of war being built in North Korea and Iran, in the UK and USA. Have we learnt so little from a century of wars?

No comments: