Friday, December 21, 2007

I need grace

At the foot of the cross, where grace and suffering meet.
You have shown me your love, through the judgement you received.
And you've won my heart,
Yes, you've won my heart.
I was thinking about these opening lines from the Kathryn Scott song the other day as I thought about the relationship between Christmas and Easter and the need we have for forgiveness and grace.

Situations constantly arise where we think we have no options left to us. We find ourselves facing issues and challenges that make us angry or resentful or just leave us in pain, and we think we have only one option left. That option is often either to lash out or walk away. Get angry or get even. But when we do that we walk away with all the pain and guilt and judgement still in our hearts. 

The cross of Jesus gives us another option.

It offers us grace as a solution, an alternative response to any situation. 

If Christmas truly is a time of goodwill to all people, then it's probably a good time to experience the giving and receiving of grace. So have a grace-filled Christmas and carry that grace into and through the new year ahead.

No comments: