Wednesday, October 31, 2007

And so the revolution begins...


Although my previous story about the barefoot man may lead some to think I gave up on pursuing the MacBook dream, the truth is that I was only waiting for Leopard to arrive. 

The trip to the Apple Store was a convenience precipitated by a journey through London. 

So, here I am sitting with my new MacBook trying to figure out if I've made a sensible or crazy choice! My daughter is of course convinced that it's the best decision her father had made for some considerable time!

What I have learnt so far is this:

1. When you get a new toy the 'phone never stops ringing
2. Staying up late to play with said new toy does not help you get started the following morning
3. A new MacBook is no substitute for a conversation with your wife, whom you haven't seen all day.
4. It's not like Windows!!
5. It's addictive
6. I think I'm going to like it

All jokes apart, it's a very streamlined little machine. I chose to have the extra gig of memory added in the hope that it will whizz along and I won't spend too much time waiting for an application to run.

There's a lot to learn and the curve looks quite steep, but I'm pleased that I've already figured out how to run a presentation using the remote control and how to build transitions for a slide. I've added some photo's from my digital camera and I've got a trusty little list of useful commands supplied by my Mac-crazed daughter. 

So here we go, a brave new world is dawning on my desk!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the brave new world! I know you're gonna love it!

Now all you have left to do is cheer on the Arkansas Razorbacks, and we'll be like, blood brothers! ;)