Sunday, August 12, 2007

Reaching the end of the path


So here we are, the intrepid explorers at the end of the Greensand Ridge.

After 40 miles of varied walking, Jeremy and I finally reached our destination in Gamlingay.

We've walked by canals, through meadows, alongside woodlands and up and over a few small hills. We discovered an area of Special Scientific interest that I don't know was there, and view Bedfordshire from a great number of different places.



The path was generally easy walking, although around Millbrook and Ampthill and then Maulden, there were one or two climbs that needed negotiating, but nothing difficult. For me the hardest thing was crossing the A1 trunk road on the footbridge. Not my favourite thing, heights, but it had to be done and I'm quite proud of myself for making it across. Here are a couple of views which made the walk worthwhile.










And finally, a big thank you to our transport officer, Anne (my wife) who drove around the countryside dropping us off and picking us up.

No comments: