Thursday, April 22, 2010

Daily prayers

Some time ago I began to write down a list of things for which I seek to pray daily in the life of our church. If you are looking for a daily prayer to pray for your church then you could try a variation of John Piper's prayer as he begins his eight month leave of absence.

Would you pray with me for a great awakening that results in hundreds coming to Christ, marriages being reconciled and renewed, wayward children coming home, long-standing slavery to sin being conquered, spiritual dullness being replaced by vibrant joy, weak faith being replaced by bold witness, disinterest in prayer being replaced by fervent intercession, boring Bible reading being replaced by passion for God’s word, and lukewarm worship being replaced by zeal for the greatness of God’s glory?

I will pray for you every day to this end . . . and more. Lord, open the heavens while I am gone.

You can read the whole letter he has written the church here.

No comments: