Saturday, August 26, 2006

Lost is life’s default mode

You don’t have to do much at all to get lost. Trust me, I know about such things. On Sunday we found ourselves on top of a fell somewhere in the Lakes, with no visible path to be seen. We knew it should be there, we were confident we knew where we were, but the path had disappeared under bracken. It is a path that hadn’t been travelled for some time.

In this situation “lost” is a relative term. We knew where we were, we even knew where we wanted to be as a next destination, there was just this little problem of no recognisable path to get there.

I wonder how many people live their lives with no visible path?

I wonder how many Christians hide the path?
I wonder how much Jesus longs for us to live life on the path so that others might see the way and follow it?

No comments: